This guide will help you learn how to add signature in Pan Card Online, the documents required for updating signatures online and offline, and more.
If you have applied for a PAN card recently or already have one, you just need to add or update your signature on your Pan card. the process to Change Photo and Signature in PAN Card can be completed online and offline without visiting any government office (NSDL office).
Every person is eligible to change/add/update his/her PAN card signature from here. Here is the step by step process to pan card signature update online.
Document for Pan Card signature update online
Here are some documents required to update your PAN Card’s photo and signature. every document must be scanned.
- Proof of Identity
- Address proof
- Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Card
- A scanned copy of your signature in JPEG format (file size should not exceed 10 KB)
- PAN card number
How to Add Signature in Pan Card Online
To update /Add your signature to Pan card online, you need to follow the simple steps below:
- Go to the official NSDL website for PAN card services.
- On the NSDL Dashboard, choose the “Online Application for Changes Or Correction in PAN Data (PAN Change Request Form)” option.
- Select “Body of Individuals” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your personal details such as name, date of birth, PAN card number, etc.
- Upload scanned documents and “Signature”.
- Click on Submit Button.
- After that, you will be redirected to the payment gateway page, you can pay the applicable fee for the signature or photo update.
- After the payment is completed, you will get an acknowledgment form with a 15-digit acknowledgment number. You need to Print or download the Acknowledgment form and paste your photograph in the Form.
- Login to your account and send it to the NSDL office. (check out the address mentioned on the form).
- You Must write “Application for PAN Change Request” on your envelope.
- Finally, an updated PAN card with a new signature will be shipped to your registered address within a few days
Application address of the NSDL
Once complete your Add Signature in PAN Card form, you can send this address.
‘INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited)’ at 5th Floor Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune-411 016.
How to Update Photo and Signature in PAN Card Offline
Follow the steps to update/change your photo and/or signature in PAN card offline.
- Download the PAN card correction form (Form 49A) from the official website of the NSDL or UTIITSL.
- Fill in the form with the required details, including your name, address, and PAN number.
- In the “Request for” section, select “Photo/signature mismatch” as the reason for correction.
- Submit the PAN card form, along with supporting documents and payment, to the nearest NSDL collection center.
- Pay the applicable fees for PAN card updates or corrections offline.
- After successful payment, you will receive a 15-digit acknowledgment number to track the status of your PAN Card application.
FAQS- Add Signature in Pan card
Yes, a signature is required for a PAN card. a PAN card is considered invalid Without a signature.
Generally, this process can take up to 15 working days to get the updated or correct PAN card on the address proof.
You know that adding or updating your signature in PAN card online is a simple process, but if you are unable to complete it online, You can go through an offline process to update your signature on Pan Card at the NSDL office.