In this article, we have guided you on custom duty payment online through the icegate portal, How to download custom duty payment receipts, bank lists, and FAQs.
What is custom duty payment?
Customs duty is a tax levied on imported goods. It is a type of indirect tax, which means that it is paid by the importer but ultimately borne by the consumer. The goal of customs duty is to protect domestic industries from cheap foreign goods.
Customs duty is imposed by the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBIC) in India. The amount of customs duty payable is determined by the Harmonized System (HS) code of the imported goods. The HS Code is a classification system used to identify goods for customs purposes.
Types of custom duty payments:
There are several types of custom duty payments:
Ad Valorem Duty
Ad valorem duty is also calculated as a percentage of the value of the imported goods. as if the duty rate is 5% and the value of the goods is $1,000, the customs duty would be $50.
Specific duty is charged based on a fixed rate per unit of measurements, such as weight, volume, or quantity. For example, if the duty rate is $10 per kg and the imported goods weigh 100 kg, the customs duty would amount to $1,000.
Compound duty combines both AD valorem and specific duty rates. This type of duty is generally used for goods with complex classifications or varying values.
Custom duty payment online
Here is the process to know how to complete custom duty payment online. Yes, you can pay online custom duty payments in India through the ICEGATE portal. please follow the steps below:
- Go to the ICEGATE website at https://www.icegate.gov.in/.
- In the menu, click on Service and then the “E-Payment” option.
- You need to select “Icegate e-payment” details from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Duty Type” from the dropdown menu.
- Select the “Document type” and location from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your “Identification Number” and the blank box.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Then, click on the Submit button.
- Now, choose a payment method and make the payment.
- After completing the payment successfully, you will receive a confirmation of the payment.
Here are the available payment methods for custom duty payment online in India:
- Net banking
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Demand draft
Download Custom duty payment receipt
You can download the custom duty payment receipt by following these steps:
- Open ICEGATE website.
- Log in to your account using your ICEGATE ID or username, and password.
- Click on the E-Payment >> Transaction Status tab.
- Choose the transaction for which you want to download the receipt.
- Click on the “Print Receipt” button.
- The receipt will be downloaded to your computer.
Friends, you can also download the receipt using ICEGATE mobile app. so lets follow the steps below:
- Open the ICEGATE mobile app.
- Go to the “E-Payment” tab.
- Select the “Transaction Status” tab.
- Select the transaction for which you wish to download and print the receipt.
- Now, click on “Print Receipt” or download your transaction history.
- After doing this, your ICEGATE custom duty payment receipt will be downloaded to your phone.
The receipt will contain some information which is included:
- Transaction ID
- Date of the transaction
- Amount of the transaction
- Type of duty paid
- Payment status
Customs Duty Payment Procedures
Customs payment procedures may vary from country to country. Here a brief description of customs payment procedures in three major economies is discussed.
In the United States, customs duties are paid through the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) system. Importers can pay electronically through Automated Clearing House (ACH) or other approved methods.
In the European Union, customs duties are paid through the Import Control System (ICS). Importers can use various payment methods, such as bank transfer or direct debit, to fulfill their duty obligations.
In China, customs duties are paid through the China Customs Electronic Payment System (CCEPS). Importers can make payments through online banking or other authorized payment channels.
Custom duty payment bank list:
Here is the list of banks authorized to accept customs duty payments in India.
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Dhanlaxmi Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- RBL Bank
- South Indian Bank
- State Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
ICEGATE customer care services
The ICEGATE also provides a 24X7 customer service, you can contanct for getting any assistance.
- Toll-Free No: 1800-3010-1000
- Write to us: email@example.com
FAQs on Custom Duty Payment
You can pay customs duty payment through the theIcegate e-payment portal at https://cbicpay.icegate.gov.in/iceepay/.
HDFC Bank is one of the authorized agency banks for the collection of customs duty through an online platform. Apart from this, there are other banks that accept custom duty payments like Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank, etc.