Do you want to know how to change address in Form 16? if yes, you are at the right place. here we will guide you about the Wrong address on Form 16, How to get the address corrected in Form 16, how to change the name and address in Form 16, and more.
Required Documents change address in form 16
To change your address on Form 16, you might have to provide some required documents.
- Proof of new address (a utility bill or a lease agreement)
- Old Form 16
- ID proof (a driving license or a passport)
- Address proof (a voter ID card or a ration card)
How to change address in form 16
You can follow these steps to change the address on your Form 16:
1. Contact the employer
You have to approach an employer and request a change of address on Form 16. Employers can update your information and also issue a new Form 16 with your updated address.
2. File Form 15G/H
If your employer is unable to change your address on Form 16, you can file Income Tax Department (ITD) Form 15G/H.
However, this form allows you to claim a tax deduction on your salary income even if your address is wrong in Form 16.
3. Submit an online request form to ITD
If the above process is not working well, you can use this method to update /change the address in Form 16.
Yes, you can fill out an online request to the Income Tax Department (ITD) to change the address in your Form 16.
Follow the step-by-step process:
- Go to the Income tax website at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/.
- Create an account if you are a first-time user, then Login to your account.
- After successfully logging in, select the “Form 16” option and Click on the “Change Address” tab.
- Fill in essential details like your PAN number, your old address, and your new address.
- After that, the Income tax department will process your request and update your Form 16.
Wrong address in form 16
The first thing the person has to do is check with their account department whether you can update the information with them and whether they will reissue Form 16.
The additional option is to submit an address change request to the Income Tax Department and change the address in Form 16.
If you like this article please share it on your Facebook or Twitter or WhatsApp group, Telegram.