How to apply for new tan Application: TAN stands for Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number. TAN registration is a unique 10-digit alphanumeric number that is issued by the Income Tax Department of India to individuals, companies, and entities that are required to deduct or collect tax at source.
This registration is mandatory for all entities that are responsible for deducting tax at source (TDS) on various payments made, such as salaries, interest, rent, and so on. It is also mandatory for entities that are responsible for collecting tax at source (TCS) on certain transactions.
TAN registration helps the government keep track of tax collections and assists in the prevention of tax evasion. It is important to note that failure to obtain TAN registration or quoting an incorrect TAN number can result in penalties and legal consequences.
Here is the step by step guide to know the application process for applying for TAN online, Tax deduction account numbers online.
Who can File Online TAN Application?
The following are list to file online TAN applications:
- An Individual Person
- Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)
- Partnership Firm
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Artificial Juridical Person
- Government or Local Authority
- Association of Persons or Body of Individuals
- Branch or division of any of the above businesses
Documents Required for TAN Application
To apply for a Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN) online and offline the following documents are required:
- Proof of identity: A self-attested copy of any one of the following documents can be submitted for the TAN Application form:
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID card
- Driving license
- GST Registration Certificate
- Proof of address: A self-attested copy of any one of the following documents can be submitted as proof of address:
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID card
- Driving license
- Electricity bill
- Telephone bill
- Bank account statement
- Proof of business registration: A self-attested copy of any one of the following documents can be submitted:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Partnership deed
- Business registration certificate
- Trust deed
- Registration certificate issued by any regulatory authority
In addition to the above documents, you may also be required to submit other supporting documents, such as a copy of the latest income tax return, bank statement, or any other document as may be required by the Income Tax Department (ITD).
We recommend that you refer to the official website of the Income Tax Department for the latest updates on document requirements for TAN applications.
Apply for TAN Application 2023
There are two ways to apply for TAN applicaiton – online and offline. You can contact our Compliance Manager at 09643203209 or email email@example.com for a free talk.
Step 1: TAN application online
Here are the steps to apply for Online Application for TAN (Form 49B):
- Visit the official website of the TAN Card Application at https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/tan/index.html.
- Click on “Online application for TAN (Form 49B)”.
- Select the category of deductor from the drop-down tab.
- Then, click on the select button.
- Enter the required details in the form (Please fill in all mandatory fields, specially those marked with an asterisk).
- If the data submitted by the applicant fails validation at any format level, you will see a response indicating the error(s).
- After correcting the errors you will have to resubmit the form.
- If form-level errors do not exist, a confirmation screen will be displayed with the data filled in by the applicant.
- If the information displayed is correct then, you need to select the confirmation option.
- On successful payment of the fee (if the mode of payment is other than DD or Cheque), an acknowledgment slip will be generated.
- Once the application process is complete, you have to save and print the acknowledgment and send it to NSDL along with the required documents.
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk,
Your envelope should be superscribed ‘Application for TAN – Acknowledgment Number’ (for example ‘Application for TAN – 88301020000244’).
TAN application status
You can check the TAN application status NSDL by providing the Application Type, and acknowledgment number. follow the steps below to track your PAN/TAN Application Status.
- Go to the official website of the TAN card Application at NSDL.
- Scroll down and Click on the ‘Track your TAN Application Status’.
- Select the Application Type.
- Enter the Acknowledgment number.
- Enter the Captcha Code.
- Click on Submit Button.
This is, how to check the status of TAN Application.
Transaction status Enquiry for Online applications
Follow the steps below to check the Transaction status Enquiry for Online applications:
- Visit the official website for TAN card applications through the given link.
- Click on “Transaction Status Enquiry for Online Applications.”.
- Then, select a category like Transaction Number or Acknowledgement Number.
- Enter the Transaction Number or Acknowledgement Number number that you selected.
- After that, click on Show Status.
Every person responsible for deducting tax at source or collecting tax at source is required to obtain TAN.
TAN is valid for life, once issued.
Form 49B is an application for allotment of TAN, which is used when the applicant has never applied for TAN or has not been allotted TAN.