Indian Railways provide several ways to book Tatkal ticket: online or offline. IRCTC, or Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, has been the go-to online irctc portal for all passengers to book train tickets online.
Passengers can also book Tatkal tickets faster offline from their nearest station by filling out the form and submitting it at the ticket counter along with the required amount.
But online train ticket booking has become easier with IRCTC. Apart from this, IRCTC has provided “Book You Meal” for passengers, through which passengers can book and order food of their choice on the train itself.
Tatkal Ticket Booking 2023
Tatkal ticket booking can be completed easily online. There are various methods available for booking Tatkal tickets:
- Through IRCTC – From Official Website
- IRCTC Magic Autofill
- Paytm Tatkal Ticket Booking
- By IRCTC App or IRCTC Agent
- Chrome Extension – We suggest not using any Chrome extensions.
Book Tatkal Ticket Through IRCTC Website:
Booking a Tatkal ticket through the official IRCTC website is a simple procedure. you must follow the step by steps guide.
Step 1: Visit the official IRCTC Website at irctc.co.in.
Step 2: Register your account as an individual.
Step 3: Then Login to your account using your login credentials user name and password.
Step 4: Select the trains by selecting your boarding and destination cities.
Step 5: And select the ticket as “E-Ticket” and then click on the “Submit” button. you will be redirected to a page with a list of all the trains available.
Step 6: Select the quota as “Tatkal” by clicking on the radio button.
Step 8: Find the train and click on your preferred class in the list, as it shows all the details along with availability.
Step 9: If seats are available on the selected train, click on “Book Now”. Which will redirect you to the page where you have to fill out all the details of the passengers.
Step 10: But as per rules, only 4 passengers can be booked at a time for a journey under Tatkal ticket booking.
Step 11: Fill out all the required details and click on “Submit,” where you will see a preview of your travel details.
Step 12: Select the Payment method and make your payment.
Step 13: Once you make your payment, your ticket will appear in ERS format. You can also download your train ticket by clicking on the “Print ERS” button below.
How To Book Tatkal Ticket Fast Using Autofill
Generally, booking Tatkal tickets quickly using autofill is not possible other than manually. Here is some guidance for booking Tatkal tickets fast using autofill:
- Make sure your internet connection is fast and stable.
- You must be ready to book your ticket as soon as the booking window opens.
- Use an autofill extension that is compatible with your browser.
- Fill in all the required passenger details before clicking on the “Book Now” button.
- If you are unable to book your ticket on the first attempt, then be patient and keep trying.
Steps to Book Tatkal Ticket Fast Using Autofill
Follow the simple steps on how to book a Tatkal ticket fast using autofill:
Step 1: Users need to Install an autofill extension on their Chrome browser.
Step 2: Some autofill extensions are available, such as Nexgen IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Autofill Tool, Magic Autofill, and Master List.
Step 3: Once you have installed the Autofill extension, open the IRCTC website and log in to your account.
Step 4: Then, select the “Tatkal” option and select the train you want to book.
Step 5: Fill in the passenger details and click on the “Book Now” button.
Step 6: The autofill extension will automatically fill in your personal details and payment details.
Step 7: Click on the “Submit” button to book your ticket.
So, in this way, you can book a Tatkal ticket faster through autofill. But we do not recommend using this auto-fill method.
Paytm Tatkal Ticket Booking
You can book tickets in the Tatkal quota very easily using Paytm’s official website or mobile app. You can follow these processes.
- Open the Paytm website or the mobile app.
- Tap on the “Train Tickets” option on the homepage.
- Select the From/To fields >> “Show Trains”.
- Check the list of trains, click on the train you prefer, and click on “Book Now”.
- Then, select the Tatkal Quota option, enter all the required information, and click on the Make Payment option.
- Select your payment methods, such as Internet Banking/Credit or Debit Card/Paytm wallet, and complete the payment.
You can read about How to Apply for IRCTC Agent Interface Application.