Goa Society Registration Process, Document, Fee, Status – Society is an organized group of all the people whose basic objective is to serve society in every possible way and not to make a profit. Therefore any or a society is registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 to become a legal entity. Society exists to fulfill the purpose of charitable activities like poverty alleviation, arts, education, religion, cultures, and sports. The members of the governing body are entrusted with the responsibility of managing the affairs of the society.
In this article, we will tell you about the process of Goa Society Registration Process, Required Document, Fee, Status check.
Goa Society Registration
The registration of the GOA Society is done from the official website at societyreg.goa.gov.in. societyreg.goa.gov.in is the official portal that allows you to complete the social registration process. Generally, there are two ways to Register a society in Goa: online and offline. check out the both methods:
Steps to Online Society Registration
- Visit the official GOA Society registration portal.
- Click on the “Apply Online” button.
- Enter the required information such as Applicant Name, Designation, address, mobile, and email also.
- Enter the captcha code and Generate OTP.
- Finally, you are registered on the society portal.
- Now, login to the user account using the login ID.
- Enter society details and managing committee/member details.
- Upload the required documents, which are mentioned.
- Submit the application online for verification.
- Acceptance of the Application by the District Registrar.
- Complete the online payment by the user.
- Final Registration of the Application by the District Registrar.
- Lastly, complete the Issuance of the Certificate.
- Go to the Registrar of Cooperative Societies office in Goa. Find contact details and addresses on the official website at https://www.coopgoa.gov.in/Default.aspx.
- Get the application form for society registration from the office.
- Fill out the form and attach the mandatory documents, such as:
- Application form,
- Schedules (Schedule I, Schedule II, Schedule IV, Schedule VI),
- Minutes of managing committee meeting,
- Duly attested by the president or secretary,
- Affidavit for irregularities or loss of original certificate (if applicable).
- Finally, submit the application form with attested copies of documents and pay the mandated fee.
What are the documents required for society registration?
To apply or register for the Goa Society Registration, you need to provide the following documents.
- Personal identification of all members such as PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Bank Statement, Driving License, Utility Bill, or any other residential proof is required for registration.
- A legal document Memorandum of Association, containing the name of the society, registered address, and area of operation.
- Statement of plan outlining the functioning of the Society for the initial 3 years.
- Letter of concurrence.
- Bank credit balance certificate of at least two promoter members for share capital.
- Resolution of the promoters authorizing the main promoter for registration.
Documents required for Renewal of society registration
Follow the required documents for Renewal of society registration.
- Registration Certificate
- List of Executive Members
- Authenticity Certificate
- Financial Statements
- Audit Report
- Copy of Utilization Certificate
- Signature Of New Members
- Bank Account & Passbook
- Passport Size Photo
- Renewal Fee
How to check society registration online
Here are the steps to check online status of Goa Society registration:
- Go to the official website of society registration: societyreg.goa.gov.in.
- Login to your user account and search for “Status Check.”.
- Provide the required details, such as the registration number, date of registration, and name of the registrar.
- Finally, check your status.
You can check the society registration status by directly logging into your account on the dashboard.
Alternatively, you can contact the customer care or society registration office and track your status.
Goa Society Registration Fee
Fees for society registration may vary on state to state. However, the fees required for Society Registration in Goa are as follows:
|Society Registration in Goa
|State Level Society Fee
|National Level Society Fee
|₹200 or above
Goa Societies Registration Act 2001
As per the provisions of the Goa Societies Registration Act 2001, the society can be registered in the registrar’s office, irrespective of the district in which the society is to be established. Society registration will get legal recognition, and it will be possible to run the society legally and with discipline.